Building a More Inclusive Tomorrow: Welcome Back to Karson Kares

If you've been here before, welcome back.

If you're new here, I'm so glad you found us.

It's been a little while since Karson Kares has been active, and honestly, life happened. Like so many autism families, we found ourselves juggling therapies, school meetings, doctor's appointments, family life, and everything in between. Sometimes you must step back so you can take care of what's most important.

But one thing never changed.

The mission.

Karson Kares has always been about sharing our family's autism journey, the beautiful moments, the hard moments, and everything in between. It was never about pretending to have all the answers. It was simply about letting other families know they aren't walking this road alone.

As we've grown, so has our vision.

That's why I'm so excited to relaunch Karson Kares with a renewed purpose, to help build a more inclusive tomorrow.

When I think about the future, I don't just think about my son, Karson. I think about every autistic child, every autistic adult, every parent who wonders if someone understands what they're going through, and every person who wants to help but isn't sure where to start.

I believe we can all play a part in making tomorrow better.

For us, that starts with four simple words.

Awareness

Awareness is where every journey begins.

The more we learn about autism, the more we realize there isn't just one autism story. Every individual is different, every family has its own journey, and every experience matters.

Here, I'll continue sharing our story, not because it's perfect, but because it's real. My hope is that something we experience might help someone else feel seen or understood.

Acceptance

Awareness is important, but acceptance is where real change happens.

I dream of a world where autistic individuals don't have to fit into someone else's definition of "normal" to be welcomed. A world where differences aren't just tolerated, they're celebrated.

Acceptance means meeting people where they are, with patience, kindness, and understanding.

Imagine how much lighter the world would feel if everyone did that.

Action

It's easy to say we support inclusion.

Living it takes action.

Sometimes action looks big, like advocating for better resources or supporting autism organizations.

Other times it's incredibly simple.

It's choosing patience instead of judgment when you see a child having a meltdown in public.

It's asking a parent, "How are you really doing?"

It's creating spaces where everyone feels like they belong.

Small actions have a way of creating big change.

Advocacy

Advocacy has become such a big part of our family's journey.

I've learned that using your voice can open doors for someone else.

Sometimes advocacy means speaking up in an IEP meeting.

Sometimes it means educating others.

Sometimes it simply means sharing your story, so another family knows they're not alone.

Every voice matters.

Together, those voices become a movement.

So... What's Next?

I'm excited about what's ahead for Karson Kares.

You'll see more of our family's journey.

More honest conversations.

More resources.

More encouragement.

More ways for our community to connect and support one another.

Most importantly, I hope this becomes a place where you feel comfortable showing up exactly as you are.

Whether you're an autism parent, a family member, an educator, a therapist, an advocate, or someone who's simply here to learn, there's a place for you here.

Thank you for sticking with us.

Thank you for believing that kindness, understanding, and inclusion can make a difference.

And thank you for joining us as we begin this next chapter.

We're just getting started.

Let's keep learning.

Let's keep growing.

Let's keep advocating.

And together, let's keep building a more inclusive tomorrow.



"Awareness starts the conversation. Acceptance changes hearts. Action creates change. Advocacy builds a more inclusive tomorrow."

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts